9.25.2008

Tomato, Tomato

Children have the most ridiculous tastes in foods. I remember once when I refused to eat tri-colored rotini because I was sure that the green and red colored pasta tasted drastically different from the original one. I also went through a no-pancake-I'd-rather-die-than-eat-them phase. I'm still trying to figure that one out. I still have some issues with fish and seafood, but I'm working on it. Did I mention I used to also hate tomatoes. I loved marinara and tomato sauces but tomato pieces, sliced tomato, basically anything I wouldn't eat. Luckily I've grown out of that.
I'm not sure why I just included that...
Anyway,
My roommate had a few ripe tomatoes she wasn't going to eat, so I made some fresh tomato sauce and it actually turned out really delish! I don't really know when I started being able to cook things other than pasta and grilled chicken, but whenever it was I'm glad it came. It's really helping my elitist eating habits.

4 comments:

a.b.c said...

I like to use fresh tomatoes with my pasta. I just mix fresh tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, other random veggies if I want, and put it on top of pasta. It's a nice variety to your typical sauce. Oh, and topped w/ mozzarella cheese is good (I just use string cheese sometimes).

Kristen said...

Remember when I put mayo or miracle whip on your sandwich (you must have been young b/c I was making your sandwich for you) & lied & told you it wasn't.. & then you ate it & I told you what it really was & you tried to throw it up???

Nicole said...

Haha, no I do not remember that!
I'm beginning to think you're just making these stories up.

Anonymous said...

hey, Nicole, I to do not enjoy fresh tomatoes. I will eat things made from cooked tomatoes, or cook with canned ones, even enjoy dipping a chip (leaving nothing chunky) in fresh salsa once in a while but no thanks when it comes to fresh, they just taste weird. Maybe it's a family thing??