5.23.2008

Busy, busy, busy

Yeesh! It has been quite a week - traveling home, dinners, weddings, receptions, kids running around the house - not a minute of rest, but it was so fun! I got to see my adorable niece and nephews, my sisters and brothers-in-law and lots of other people I've been missing.
Now, after a bit of an airplane ordeal (I hate Delta with a deep loathing passion!) I'm finally back in Utah at my grandparents house for the weekend until I head back up to Logan. And, the best part of it all, is that I got to go to Costco! For those of you who don't know, Costco is like Sam's club but even better, not to mention the fact that they're not affiliated with Wal-mart. I'm only one person so I can only eat so much food, but walking into that store is like heaven. They have so much neat food, and they carry a lot of really great organic and natural foods brands which I'm obviously a big fan of. So aside from shopping today and going into downtown SLC with some friends tonight, I get to just relax the next two days (if that's even possible when I'm with my family) with only an open house for Jared's family tomorrow night. There's only one downside to this whole scenario - it'll be nice to be back in Logan on Monday (I missed it, weirdly enough) but I'm still in crappy weather! Of course the week or so I was gone it was absolutely gorgeous and beautiful outside, but now that I'm back it's gloomy and cold again. The only plus side is that it's currently thundering outside and as much as I love sun, I lovelovelove thunderstorms. I just wish people would turn off their sprinklers if it rains - or my favorite, people with sprinklers on while it's raining.

Pictures with the naked statue at Vanderbilt
(aka the kind of pictures Kristen and I take when we're bored)

It's always so nice to be home and be around home again. I was with one of my friends this past week and we couldn't help but think about how much we love Poughkeepsie. No matter who we talk to, it's always impossible for us to ever give justice to it when we describe it - it's seriously such a crazy place. We never thought we'd say it, especially after those days in high school when we were sure the lack of things to do in Poughkeepsie was going to suffocate our social lives, but we totally miss it! And now after some sad recent events with people I knew from high school, I can't help but have to think about all the good memories I had there think about how much we've all changed even if it's only been two years.

[New music: "Be Mine" - Robyn. Okay, so she's a little eclectic so I'm warning you the video is a little weird.]

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I totally know how you feel. Even though I live 20 minutes away from Farmington. But still it's a different feeling when I drive into those hometown areas.

It was so good to see you on Saturday. We really need to play whenever your down my direction.

Kristen said...

So how do I get my pic on the side bar of my blog? I've tried & it won't work like yours. Hmmm.