12.12.2008

Poladroid? YES, PLEASE.


Old San Juan, Puerto Rico

With the discontinuance of Polaroid film there's been a lot of talk about the end of an era. I personally lovelove Polaroid film - it's so nostalgic and makes me feel all cozy and artsy on the inside (which I guess would be like going to an art museum in sweats? Yeah, I don't know either).
Luckily for me, I was recently introduced to Poladroid and it's feeding my craving and addiction. Poladroid is a free BETA program that's available for download online and converts normal photos into .jpg Polaroid image versions, complete with the faded, grainy quality and white background. And the best part is that you can watch as the photo "develops," just like real Polaroids. When I showed Amy she seemed to think it was too slow, but I love the trueness of it. The only downside is that it's currently only compatible for Macs, but their site says their working on PC versions for the future.
As you can tell by the mass amounts of photos it's pretty obvious that I've been having entirely too much fun with it. If you have a Mac and want to try it out yourself you can access their site here.

Cocoa Beach, Fl

Mom & Dad (Aren't they the cutest?)

Door handle, Mills Mansion

Bedroom, Mills Mansion

My ADORABLE friend Kylie & I

Golden Gate Park, San Francisco

Taryn at the park near
Grace Cathedral, San Francisco

Hotel Huntington, San Francisco

Filoli Gardens, Woodside, California

No comments: